Our Vision is True Justice, Dignity and Respect for Aboriginal people.
Our Mission is to deliver a range of innovative, high quality, culturally proficient legal services to Aboriginal people and the community.
Our role is to:
- Ensure that clients are appropriately represented when they come into contact with the justice system;
- Assist and inform Aboriginal people and enhance their understanding of the justice system;
- Ensure that clients and families receive quality legal advice and representation; and
- Influence a positive change within the justice system that reflects better understanding and appreciation of the diverse cultural backgrounds, problems and challenges that impact upon Aboriginal people.
NAAJA respects Aboriginal culture and has tried to ensure material on this website is of an appropriate manner, however visitors are warned there may be some images or material which may offend.
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Mandatory Alcohol Treatment Bill
- Alcohol Protection Orders
The NAAJA Ashurst Indigenous Cadetship
The North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency (NAAJA) and Ashurst Australia are pleased to offer a Cadetship to Indigenous law students who live in the Top End of the Northern Territory.
Worth up to $34,000 per year, this Cadetship is an exciting opportunity for an Indigenous law student to receive financial support and mentoring while studying a Bachelor of Laws. The Cadetship also provides opportunities for learning and practical experience through work placements and a possible career path with NAAJA.
NAAJA is one of Australia’s leading legal aid services.. It provides high-quality, culturally proficient legal services in criminal and civil law as well as a range of innovative justice services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Top End of the Northern Territory.
Applications for the Indigenous Cadetship open on 4 July 2014
Applications close at 5pm, 28 July 2014
How to apply
Applications via post or email should include:
- A covering letter
- Application form
- A resume and
- Current academic transcript
Applications should be sent to:
Corporate Services Manager
GPO Box 1064
Darwin NT 0800
Please contact Glenn Miller for more information about the NAAJA Ashurst Indigenous Cadetship.